Thursday, October 20, 2011

Golden Hour, Golden Day





I had the pleasure of hanging out with my friend, Ema Tunermann, from Ema and Her Lady Parts last Tuesday evening.  We met up around 4pm and managed to catch the "golden hour", which always makes photos look really ethereal, like images from a Terrence Malick film.  I know my shots will never be as epic, but I'm just happy to have had an awesome girl's day.  




Someone's gate in Echo Park
Lately, I've been really into 30s & 40s fashion.  This is my interpretation of a 40s look without being too costume-y.  I mention it in my post called, "Inspiring 40s Fashion".  These are those h&m palazzo pants I scored after a hunt for my size. They didn't have them at the Glendale store, so the next day I drove over to Pasadena. I was on a mission, and sometimes you just have to go that extra mile to get what you want. ;-)
Hello, golden hour flowers & check out the beautiful bougainvillea down below!  I would love to be surrounded by these plants every day.  Before I spotted the bougainvillea, we had a scrumptious late lunch at Masa. If you haven't checked out Masa, I suggest you head on over.  I am no food blogger, but this little place in Echo Park has the most amazing bread pudding that you will gladly put into your hungry mouth. I decided not to take a polaroid of this delicacy, for it would not have done it justice. Too beautiful & much too tasty, made with three different kinds of croissant, drizzled with a bit of chocolate and caramel sauce & a little sprinkling of powdered sugar.  Ema & I shared one because of it's decadence.  I believe it has been the only dessert that has made me giggle with great joy. Anyway, there's your review. Oh, by the way, they are known for their authentic Chicago Pizza!  I've been to Chicago & they aren't kidding.
On into the night, we decided to check out our friend & coworker's band, Arms That Work.  Go Tyler, go!  Is  that a dinosaur riding a bicycle?
There is a similar shot I took for Ema's performance at Pehrspace. Old habits die hard.
Salvation at the Silverlake Lounge.
Gold nail polish for a golden day.  Good night everybody! 



your friend,

ava



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava