Saturday, January 7, 2012

Vivian Maier

When sifting through pages of the LA Weekly during a break at work, I came across this little tidbit about the photographer Vivian Maier.  I remember seeing something about her almost a year ago.  








I'm excited to see these images knowing that they were hidden for so long.  It's like unlocking the pages of a diary. This is exactly the photographic style I've always been drawn to.  Stylized images of every day.  William Eggleston is my favorite example of this. 




source

The opening reception was tonight.  Hosted by Tim Roth.  Is that the Tim Roth I'm thinking of?  Oh, , ,pumpkin.  

The work will be up till January 28th at Merry Karnowsky Gallery.  


your friend,

ava





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava