Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Huntington Library

Recently, my Mom and I spent time at one of our favorite places. This is my childhood. As long as I can remember, she's been bringing me here. This place is full of dreams. I remember rolling down the grassy hills near the cacti garden. Giant palm trees surrounding me. The same statue of a sea horse resides by the lily pond.






all images © Ava Alamshah / all rights reserved 



Two years ago we took some polaroids here!

I couldn't wait to share these photographs. I've been feeling a bit sad to be honest, and I know the reason why. I have this passion and I feel like I'm not doing enough with it. Zinefest was amazing and I got this natural high from creating. Making little books you could hold on to. This outlet has been great, but I have been craving the old school way of creating. I've started shooting a lot more with film again, and I love it. Now what to do with all this film? I want to produce books. Zines, and maybe eventually coffee table books. The portraits of Ema are a work in progress. There is so much more I want to do with those. I have a look book idea in the works for someone I truly admire, and I hope to get that started next month. I'm being awfully candid about my feelings. I'm glad I'm shooting a lot more. I suppose that's what counts. As long as I have the ability to do that, I'm happy. 



your friend,


ava




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava