Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer Stripes

This past Halloween, I decided to dress up like a stereotypical Frenchman.  I already had a beret, a scarf, my snazzy blazer....

What I really needed was a striped tee-shirt, but I was low on cash and extra low on time, so I decided to take an old white tee and have my lovely boyfriend draw some beautiful stripes with a black sharpie. 

I wore my costume proudly, complete with painted on mustache. 

(Notice "The Red Balloon" to the left of my chair.)  LOVE

Recently, I was cruising my favorite fashion blog, www.refinery29.com, and came across this:

I showed it to Jeaux instantly and for a moment we felt pretty ahead of the curb (although, I'm sure we aren't the only ones who have made DIY stripe tee-shirts).  Anyway, theirs is pretty profesh looking. It gave me inspiration to start wearing mine out and about.




What do you think?


your friend,

ava

2 comments:

  1. SO cool. I saw that article and wanted to see someone actually do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie!

    I'm glad you got to see me in action with it. I felt kind of rebellious wearing it because before the refinery article, I had only worn it for Halloween and I never thought to incorporate it with my everyday wardrobe. It was fun and this makes me want to create more striped tees!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava