Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Knights of Cabazon

C A B A Z O N

I had no idea that dinosaurs lived during the Middle Ages

I just got back from my Coachella weekend on Monday, and needless to say, it was an adventure.  I took way too many photos that I need to sort out before scanning, so here is a sneak preview of what's to come.  It's time for me to start publishing a collection of books. 



Here is a shot of my wardrobe selection.  Although we were camping, it was still very important for me to travel with function and style.  You never know when you are going to have your picture taken.  I packed the mixes I made specifically for the trip. One for turning 30, the other for this year's festival.  


Here is one of my favorite tracks.  These guys were  I N S A N E  and I loved every, loud minute of it!  


ps! The video has Kenneth Anger written all over it.  I recently discovered that the director, Brian Butler, is Anger's protege.  RAD










C O A C H E L L A   V A L L E Y


Our home for four nights!  We are troopers. 

Stay tuned for more  C O A C H E L L A   2 0 1 2   ! ! !


your friend,


ava


6 comments:

  1. Your camp space looks so tidy and cute! Such a great picture of you. I'm glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em!

      You should have seen our camp space on the last day! ;-)

      More photos and stories very soon! xo

      Delete
  2. Wow! What beautiful scenery. I heard some of the music on YouTube and that was pretty awesome, too. Lucky, lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Koren! Yep, you can't beat that scenery. Beautiful, indeed.

      Aren't Black Lips RAD? There was so much good music.

      Delete
  3. I love the BLACK LIPS! so much. oh man. so much.

    Were you driving when you took the polaroids? they look rad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, stef! yep, we were on the road when I took those! i just love those windmills. we got distracted by them and had to turn around, or else we would have ended up in arizona!

      black lips = LOVE
      xox

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava