Monday, April 16, 2012

My friend, Rio

2 0 0 3





2 0 1 2


I'll be turning 30 this Saturday, and that means my friend, Rio, has known me for 11 years.  He is an artist and has a solo show at UC Santa Barbara.  I was so pleased to get a sneak peak of his work.  Very bold, colorful images. The icing on the cake for me?  3D.  Yep, 3D.  You will have to see it to believe it.  Rad stuff.  If you happen to be in SB, the reception is tonight at 6pm. 




Holding up the classic Doggystyle


Seeing Snoop and Dre together at Coachella Valley this weekend.  It will be my g funk dream come true.  I remember those school dances when they would play the censored versions and teachers would tell kids to stop freaking.  I was never one of those girls, much too awkward and innocent (though secretly wanting to be "bad").  I have a fond memory with Rio, listening to this in my car, outside the CalArts Amonsen building,  and rapping along (badly) to every word.  We meant it, too. 







This is our loose (very loose) interpretation on "American Gothic".  Click on the the photo to enlarge.
Meeting Rio's girlfriend, Sarah, was such a treat.  She is a sweetheart.  


I don't know what this is.  Looks very conceptual. I don't know what this is.  Looks very conceptual.

                                       
your friend,

ava


 

2 comments:

  1. Super rad! I really hope to make it up! Have fun at Coachella lady! I hope Snoop and Dr.Dre do a special birthday shout out to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing, Stefani! Snoop and I would be the best of friends. xox

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava