Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Little Something..


Front

Last Sunday, my Dad gave me a ride to work.  On the way there he gave me this gift made especially for me by my 7 year old cousin.  I've been sick this past week, so this was especially comforting.  It reminded me of when my brother, now 20, would slip me drawings underneath my door.  My mom found a few of those while cleaning up, and seeing them again,  I remember having this strong feeling of loss.  That bittersweet feeling telling me that we were once really young, and I wish I would have taken the time to appreciate what was given to me so long ago.  Now it's all just vague memories.  

Her gift came packaged in this bright neon pink envelope, embellished with stickers.  Cute animals in silly costumes (I'm not a fan, though I am not opposed  to it either). My favorite has to be the bee dog, and I don't know if this was intended, but the devil kitty next to my name seems appropriate.  I'm just glad Adrina is getting a head start on controversial topics.  She'll be a natural in the art school circuit.  
Back




I remember drawing rainbows a lot as a kid.  I love me a good rainbow, and this one is my favorite.  Last spring, I noticed a lot of real rainbows surfacing after all that heavy rain we were having here in Los Angeles.  I still like to believe that they bring good luck.  


your friend,


ava









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava