Saturday, November 19, 2011

My New Coat


Just in time for this cloudy weather.  I managed to find this amazing bargain while shopping for ornaments at Anthropologie.  This is my forth coat added to my collection and it makes me think that I should stop living in Los Angeles because I hardly get to wear them.  It has these short sleeves that evoke a certain era where women wore long, elegant gloves.  It's cliche, but I instantly thought of Audrey after trying it on.  A lot of people have been saying Jackie O too.  It's forcing me to dress more elegantly, which I always wanted to to, but never knew how to execute until I reached my mid to late 20s.  Now that I'm almost 30, I've reached this point in my life where no matter where I am, I always want to look like a lady.  Though, I don't want to seem too prim and proper.  Besides wearing with dresses, I'm going to embrace this coat with jeans and a tee shirt.  Dressing it down a bit will give it some edge.  

The images below capture a certain vibe I'm embracing.  Strong and feminine. Bold brows and a bold lip, with a beautiful 40s/50s ensemble.  Throw in something modern so it's not too "Halloween Party", like some gold metallic nail polish, or leather booties.  I also love it when classic pieces are re-styled to look more modern, such as a classic oxford with a leopard print.  I never thought I would like leopard print again, and dare I say, clogs.  Who am I?  I love a good statement necklace too and I keep a lot of vintage pieces passed down to me by my very stylish mother.  She's the only one, besides my friend, Stefani, who knows my tastes so well.  Especially my taste in jewelry.  
Say "YES" to night portraits.  Especially when your subject is this good.


xx


your friend,


ava





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava