Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hibernation

To all my friends,


I am alive (I promise) and recovering from a head cold that has plagued me on and off for about three weeks now. It has been quite the little tragedy because I missed out on a lot.  I've missed out on friend's concerts, parties, being outside, I didn't feel like blogging, I was really sad about it actually.  So many wonderful things were happening around me, for instance, my pal Clark plays drums for the band, Melotia, and he had a free show at The Roxy.  Now the sunset strip isn't my bag, baby, but I've gone to some pretty neat shows there.  I remember seeing an amazing live performance of Hedwig and the Angry Inch at said Roxy that blew my mind.  Remember Michael Pitt in the film version?!  So, so hot (check out those pants, and those pouty lips!)

Also, Clark is awesome and I've been wanting to check out his gigs, but coincidentally have been sick each time. There must be a God somewhere that refuses to let me see pop metal shows, but few of you know I can get down with my inner metal goddess.  It's true.

 


The lovely, Ema Tunermann, had a show that same night.  I would have gone to both, although her show was at the Silverlake Lounge, clear on the other side of Sunset.  She is very talented and I can't tell you how much I love to see her perform.  Actually....oh yes, I CAN, I've done that twice


I also missed this last night.  I'm fascinated with Lynch's style of filmmaking, and I am certain that his music will be just as haunting...and strange. I hope I can meet him one day so he can sign my Blue Velvet ring, made especially for me back in school by my friend, Rio. It contains this image below, and I really should wear it more often. 






On a good note, I've managed to obtain a lot of needed rest.  I wouldn't say it was all boring either.  I've caught up with my nail painting (glitter fabulous!),




watched some wonderfully disturbing episodes of Boardwalk Empire (SPOILER ALERT*SPOILER ALERT...everyone saw the incest thing coming, right?!), oh yeah...hello again Michael Pitt..
source via interview






...saw one of my favorite films I haven't seen in a long time Double Indemnity, while eating gluten free chocolate chip cookies that are actually delicious...it's been great. 


The best thing of all is that Jeaux came to visit me with Matzo Ball soup today.  Bits of chicken, matzo, noodles, carrots, celery, and all that wonderful broth.  Needless to say, I was a happy woman. Thanks honey!  I still feel a bit wonky, but well enough to have the energy to write again. There was one night I was able to go out, and that was last Saturday.  I had the pleasure of enjoying my friend, Daniel's, movie premiere!  Here's a sneak peak.  Promise to have more on that story very soon. 


your friend,


ava






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava