Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Henry Darger


Source


January 1, 1971. I had a very poor nothing like Christmas. Never had a good Christmas all my life, nor a good new year, and now…. I am very bitter but fortunately not revengeful, though I feel should be how I am…’
—H.D.
(Art: Cat-Headed Blengin, date unknown.)

source

source

source
Another thing on my wishlist is a book on Henry Darger's work.  I can look at his creations forever, and I'm always finding something new.  There is so much of his work that when I look up his images, I end up discovering a piece I've never seen before. Amazing. What a story this man had. 


Here is more about him here.   I've mentioned before that his work would make really interesting tattoos.   I still dream about getting something done, but I have to limit my options.  That is going to be tough.  If you still haven't seen In The Realms of the Unreal, you must make that one of your resolutions.  It is one of the most beautiful documentaries. 


Sad he never had a good christmas.  Lets all try to have a joyful one, and a happy hanukkah + new year! 


your friend,


ava





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava