Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Premiere Night!

Me and my gorgeous friend, Bethany, at the grand reception!  We've known each other for about 14 years and recently had our 10 year high school reunion (that we never went to).  Lovely photo courtesy of Emylie



I'm so glad to finally be writing about my friends and the exciting night they had two Saturdays ago.  The day after this night, my cold ended up resurfacing, and I'm just now starting to come out of my funk.  So here it is....Premiere Night!  


My good friend Daniel is the director of a little three part feature titled Swine.  Swine has action, Sci-fi battles with lazer guns, hot babes, great locations with vast desert landscapes, ghost towns, abandoned country sides...the best thing of all, a lot of close friends got to work on this and make cameos!  I didn't make a cameo, but I got to work a bit on props, painting some guns! 


some detail work on this huge machine gun/cannon...I think this was 2009




a perfectly good photo...bomb
Amber and I had great coats that day.  Her coat, red and mine, pink!  That's Emylie right above us looking sassy.  There's Daniel!  This was truly his night.  Our friend Koren was the executive producer and he managed to get the Premiere shown at the wonderful Laemmle Playhouse 7 in Pasadena.  It is truly one of my most favorite theaters ever and there is always something interesting playing there.  If you are ever in need of a good indie film and inexpensive prices, the Laemmle is the place to go. I mean, bargain prices are 8 bucks and that's how much it would have cost to go to the movies in the 90s!  Sigh...the good ole days.  It was a midnight showing and the cast, crew, friends and family all had the theater to ourselves. We all met up beforehand for free pizza at Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana.

See, free pizza! 


I don't know about those yelpers, but I have to be honest.  I'm very picky when it comes to pizza..very.  I mean my mom's a New Yorker for cryin out loud!  I've had pizza in New York, Chicago, and Italy.  I have to say,  New York takes the cake. Those immigrants sure new what they were doing.  I'm sad, because I can't eat pizza all the time, but this night was special.   Though the pizza at Settebello, not very good.  The dough was soggy and flimsy, and it was just mediocre.  But it was free, so I ended up having three slices.  I know, beggars can't be choosers.  I do have to say, the staff was great for having us there and they kept the pizzas coming, and fast!  Major props guys!


Jeaux snapped this one right before we left. It was a chilly night, which made me happy because I finally got to wear my coat!

The serious director, Mr. Levitch.


Here's Beth and I being groupies in the parking lot.  This was around 2am and we had to get to our cars fast, or else the Pasadena Parking Police would have given us major tickets.  Oh, Pasadena and your crazy meters.  We are holding our very own copies of the film.  My boyfriend designed the illustrations that are on the cover!  Check them out!  I know he worked very hard on them, and is very proud of his contribution.


My friends want to turn this small trilogy into a feature length film one day.  If you can, please take the time to donate here.  I know times are tough in our country right now, so if you can't afford to donate, please help spread the word to the masses!  Here's their official facebook page. 




your friend,


ava

6 comments:

  1. I love how you wrapped up the evening, fashion critique, and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shula! It is always fun to talk about the things I love. I had so much fun seeing everyone that night! I have such talented friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pictures are awesome, Ava. Thank you for everything. Thank you for posting the pictures, for coming to the premiere and for being a part of the SWINE team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome! I like all of your looks in the different pictures! Glad to hear you are feeling better - damn the colds of the worlds - lingering jerks. Also, nice work Jeaux - the black and white looks very cool. Always happy to see people dedicated to making cool things. Congrats to Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ava, you rule.
    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww shucks, you guys! :)

    I'm very glad I could be a part of this, Koren. You guys are so motivating. Hope to see it at places like Sundance, and IFC! That would be rad. One day.

    Daniel, no...YOU rule. ;-)

    Stef, thank you so much! I am feeling a lot better, thank goodness. We'll have to watch the film together, I think you'll really dig it. Lets do photo adventure and girls night soon. See you for New Years Eve! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava