Sunday, December 18, 2011

empty



Copyright Ava Alamshah, 2011.  Ink, markers, colored pencil.   



Here's a piece I did for a little employee art show we are having at my workplace.  I work at Trader Joes.  Jeaux thinks my drawing has a hopeful feeling.  I think it is kind of melancholy sad.  What is your interpretation? 


Stop by the Silverlake store to check out the original starting on December 20th.  It will be for sale, along with limited edition prints of the same image!  Email me at ava.alamshah@gmail.com for more information.  




your friend,


ava





2 comments:

  1. A --

    I LOVE this!

    I say it's hopeful. The balloons are waiting for the next customer to come along. And s/he will. They always do. :->

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Terri! :)

    Yeah, now that I look at it more and more, I see this idea of moving right along. Or floating away in the ether to the next life adventure. I feel like it is a representation of the way I feel about where I am at in my life this very moment (literally and metaphorically). That can be looked at any which way and I hope positive, mostly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava