Thursday, May 31, 2012

Greek Fest!

  On memorial day, Jeaux and I went to the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church for their annual Greek Festival.  I tried moussaka for the very first time, and reminisced about the times my family would take me there.   I thought a lot about folk dancing and circle dancing, and after a bit of research, I discovered  T H I S.   I'm so fascinated by how similar the cultures are to one another, and how they have influenced each other over the years.  I am half Assyrian from my father's side, and part Greek (including a list of other cultures) from my mother, so reading a bit about Tamzara dance made me feel a sense of pride.  Also, legend has it that the Assyrians were the originators.  My dad will love to hear that one.
















B I R D S   O F   P A R A D I S E  !








  Also, I'd like to dedicate this post to my boyfriend.  We just celebrated our two year anniversary.   xxo


your friend,


ava



© 2012 Ava Alamshah



4 comments:

  1. Tell me any word in the English language and I'll show you how it is Greek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! that bird of paradise is amazing. Happy Anniversary to you two! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so HUGE! My polaroid did not do them justice. xxo

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava