Friday, May 4, 2012

Roadside Attractions

C A B A Z O N



On the way to this year's Coachella fest, we made a pit stop.  As a little girl, seeing Pee Wee's Big Adventure forever ingrained images of gigantic dinosaurs, biker gangs, and Large Marge in my head.  To this day, Large Marge still freaks me out.  **Shivers**

When Pee Wee gets dropped off at  the desert dinosaurs, he meets Simone and they watch the sunrise together.  Probably my second most favorite scene in that film, and  this scene, being my first.

I had no idea that Cabazon was an actual place until around 2003, while heading towards Joshua Tree, I spotted the giant t-rex in the distance.  I was so excited and vowed that one day, with more time, I would visit these creatures.  So glad I finally got to explore.  The verdict?  
B I Z A R R E,  in the very best way.  We found out that it's a creationist museum, trying to debunk Darwin's theory of evolution!  Heavy stuff.

 
Check out those chompers ! ! !



your friend,

ava

All images  © 2012 Ava Alamshah
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog Ava! Who knew it was a creationism museum? Glad you enjoyed the pit stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela!

      I think YOUR blog is awesome!

      I was surprised about this museum being creationist, too. So bizarre.

      Time for more road trips!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava