Thursday, July 4, 2013

Los Angeles, I'm Yours

Okay.
It is July 4th, and I am typing this entry from Casbah Cafe, in Silverlake. I've always loved the beauty of this place, with it's Moroccan flair. Almost like being there (well, not really....I wouldn't know, but I can only imagine). My friend's independence day bbq was canceled, and I haven't had internet, so I almost went there with a huge watermelon in hand (sort of like that scene in Dirty Dancing!) I wonder if the bbq would have ended up with all of us gyrating our hips? One can dream, right?

It's been an overwhelming couple of months. Sad/new/tragic/wonderful/weird/lonely....I have been feeling somewhat out of place, going through a transitional period. May was a very hard month. It would have been three years together for Jeaux and I if we decided to stick things out. I went through a dog attack (a scar remains just inches below my left eye), and early last month, I moved into my own, little apartment. I've been adjusting alright to living alone for the first time. I've had maybe one or two little crying spells, which is pretty good considering I cry a lot, even when I'm really happy, or during a really good orgasm. Yes, it is true, I like a good cry. I'm happy to take this time to write again, and I am being awfully candid, but I haven't had this outlet in two weeks! 

Some positive things I'd like to share...

This photo of Katie


Katie, I hope you are not mad at me for putting this up, but I think you look stunning! Fun fact about Katie: I met her through my friend, Angie. Stef and Gilda blogged about her...AND through facebook, I found out that she is good friends with Mari Naomi. Cool thing is that I got to meet Mari in person for the very first time after being internet friends since 2010! Her and her husband moved to LA from San Francisco. I shot this photo of Katie at Mari's housewarming. Awesome small world! 



























Palm trees at the reopened Echo Park Lake, which I live very close to. About a five minute walk!  Some friends and I had a picnic there a couple of weeks ago. It looks beautiful and I can't wait to take more photos of it.  I want to be there every day. My friend Taylor and I talked about that scene in Chinatown, which I think about every time I visit the lake. 

Some dear friends had babies...







plants in my kitchen window, an Assyrian rug from my aunt Violet, and the first tea at my new home...


 Lydia



Last Friday, we finally went to Ooga Booga together and got to meet DEATH! Look how happy we all are! More on that later, but I couldn't wait to show you. UGH..it was so much fun. Such cutie pies. Those pearly whites. MAGIC. 
Check this out. And this! And THIS!! Also this!!! 

xx So much love xx


That's me holding a signed 7" from their very first band, "ROCKFIRE FUNK EXPRESS"! They were a funk band. 


all images ©Ava Alamshah


Also, this blog is pretty great. And the song of the same name, by The Decemberists. That song came on the radio while driving to my apartment, and guess what? Yep..... I cried. 



your friend,


ava




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava