Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 4th, 2012



C H I N A T O W N







 
  Jeaux is pretending to be happy, even though we were sad that Ooga Booga wasn't open.  I'm glad we stopped by anyway because low and behold, a window display from Beautification Solutions.  AKA Katie Vonderheide of Synchronicity Space and Justin McInteer, formerly of Echo Curio.  They painted some favorite, and glorious Ooga Booga items directly onto the glass.  How cute is that No Age tee?   My friend, Katie, is one half of Synchronicity!  She is really nice, very talented, and wears cute dresses.  Did you guys see my post about Friday night?!  Check it out!   Hope some of you homies were able to catch the live readings not too long ago this evening (well, Saturday evening now).

I like to stand in alleys (only in the daytime)


  The buildings in Chinatown are unreal.  Full of color and life.  Crazy shapes... almost European looking.  I can spend hours shooting photographs here.  


 Speaking of colors, we got to see Moonrise Kingdom.  The art direction is beautiful, but what I really enjoyed was the story.  First love, that is so sweet and innocent, and kind of sexy (in the purest way). It almost made me cry. Oh, to be a little girl again.  Here is the trailer


your friend,

ava 




3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Terri, is that you? :)

      ps: I read about Freya. Sad that I never got to meet her. I loved what you wrote. So touching, and honest.

      Hugs, xo

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava