Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween 2012, Part Two


I N S I D E   T H E   R E A L M S



you are innocent when you dream
   
  Here are some more photos from this year's Halloween!  In my last entry, I wrote a bit about our costume inspiration, but didn't elaborate.  After Jeaux told me about Henry Darger, I became a little obsessed with his work.  I posted about his paintings a couple of times...here and here...

  His work was so vivid with imagination, and his use of color is unbelievable.  L O O K
  
  Thanks to my mom for her sewing skills and for keeping all of her jewelry from the 80s.  It really helped out with Jeaux's embellishments.  Darger generals are nasty characters, but they have swag.  Take a look at these dastardly fellows!  The one on the far right was inspiration for Jeaux.





  
  Sasha invited us to Albert Reyes home for his annual Halloween party.  We do not know him personally, but I'm pretty certain I have seen his work at my favorite little gallery, Synchronicity Space.  The photographs above were taken while gazing upon his artwork.  His studio is in the backyard and sits right next door to the totally rad haunted house, which Albert built himself!  It was spooky, and I was way too scared to photograph in there, so you will just have to imagine the greatness and hopefully get a chance to see the work next year!  Pretty impressive.  Our friend, Brian Kinsman, shot this little documentary about Albert and you can see the trailer here.



  Chocolate Rain, dudes!  I didn't know who he was, but Jeaux insisted I take their photo together.  Here is something Jeaux helped work on while living and working in New York City.  I have to admit, this song has sort of grown on me, and how is that voice coming out of this guy's mouth?!



   
  © Ava Alamshah

  For more images, take a look at Jeaux's new site!  I hope everyone had an exciting Halloween.  I'm kind of sad it's already over.


your friend,


ava



4 comments:

  1. Aww. You guys met Tay Zonday at the other Halloween party. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Koren! Aw man, wish you could have been there. I didn't even know who I was taking a photo of! Don't be jelly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava, your costumes were so freaking cool! We had such a fun time at that party! I hope we can go again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Loved your moon costume, G!

      YES, we will totally have to go to that party next year. I think he has one every year. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one, or two, or three. :)

your friend,

ava